Thursday, September 25, 2008

Can I really learn Thai?

I bought the learn-thai CD's (Pimslers) and loaded them on my ipod, along with some podcasts I found. Then I listen to them driving around. I've been in the car alot lately and just finished with lesson 10 today. Each lesson is 1/2 hour. Think 5 hours is enough? I can ask you if you want to eat rice (gin kao) with me or in a restautant. And do you want to drink water? 

my cow jai translates to "don't understand". I hope I can say more than that.

I do think I understand the format of the language. It's alot simpler than others with no tenses. But there is that tonal language thing. 

I took french in school for 6 years. I remember quite a few words but suck at verb tenses and such. So maybe Thai is my language. 

Tonight I ordered a thai-english pocket dictionary. so I guess I'm all set.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Just started reading your blog. Very glad to be able to follow your trip. Are able to use your Thai?