Sunday, October 19, 2008

She put cucumbers on my face

Today I was on my own - all the others in my group have scattered. Some want home, some went to the beach and some went up to Chang Mai. So I had the afternoon to spend at that fancy spa/massage place (Center Point). 1 hour of foot massage and 1 hour of facial for 1000 baht($30US). The rooms were very nice and the background music was nice (Asian/spa like). The funky rustic massage place we went to the other day had awful musak - I was laughing at the bad version of Moon River during my massage.

But this foot massage was heavenly. Very comfy chair/bed. Lots of poking on the bottom of my foot. I did the order backwards (hindsight) and had the facial second. She put thinly slice, chilled cucumbers on my face towards the end.

A very peaceful way to spend some time. This place is just across a busy street from my hotel but a couple of blocks in Bangkok is enough to shake off the spa-buzz.

No comments: