Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What now?

Touring Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok.

Being home is nice. I really missed the family. But I wasn't done exploring Thailand. Guess that's a given. And I have to admit I loved only taking care of myself for a week or two.

Now I have trip-letdown. I put so much energy and time into this trip, learning Thai (no chance of needing it anywhere else except Erwan restaurant and the Laos Market) and reading up on Bangkok and the Burma-Thai border. Now that I'm home I'm feeling at loose ends. Even with sick kids, homework, tons of work and other stuff to catch up on. 

Maybe it's time to start planning our next big vacation. And learning Spanish? Or maybe try Karen? I did find a website with some basic Karen phrases (written out in English and with sound files) www.ktwg.org 

No comments: